The following documents require registration as a "Personal Member" or an upgrade to "Corporate Member" before download.
→ Register on right top of this page and then log on with the link you will receive via email.
A. Promotional Material about SiLA
- European Pharmaceutical Review: New trends in intelligent robotics in the laboratory
- SiLA and AnIML flyer
- SiLA Consortium brochure (more)
SiLA stands for "Standardization in Lab Automation" and provides flexible and rapid system integration through standards for communication and data handling.
- SiLA Membership Benefits flyer (more)
Describes the business benefits of the SiLA Membership fee
- SiLA short description and competences (more)
SiLA short description and competences
- SiLA standard presentation
- The SiLA Connection Newsletter Issue 1 (Jan 2015)
- The SiLA Connection Newsletter Issue 2 (April 2015)
- The SiLA Connection Newsletter Issue 3 (July 2015)
- The SiLA Connection Newsletter Issue 4 (Oct 2015)
- The SiLA Connection Newsletter Issue 5 (Jan 2016)
- The SiLA Connection Newsletter Issue 6 (April 2016)
- White Paper on Laboratory Robotics in Europe: Status and Prospects within Horizon2020
- White Paper: The Importance of Standardization in Laboratory Automation
B. Information for Corporate Members
- Articles of Association and Bylaws of SiLA (more)
SiLA bylaws define our Consortium as being a group of corporate entities, academic institutions and individuals active and/or interested in the field of life science laboratory automation and issues concerning interfacing and
data interchange in this field.
- Membership Agreement (more)
Member confirms that it qualifies to be a member with SiLA. SiLA's Membership Application forms part of this Agreement. Member represents and warrants that the details provided by it in the Membership Application are true and correct.
- Membership Application Form (more)
Member understands and acknowledges that the amount of annual membership fee and one time entry fee payable by Member depends on the membership category selected.
- Regulations for the Development of Standards in Lab Automation (more)
These Regulations are based on Article 44 of the By-Laws and provide the procedures for the development, adoption and revision of standards for laboratory automation systems.
- SiLA Official Communication--SiLA and Its Members
- SiLA Pricelist
C. SiLA Standards
2. Device Control & Interfaces
- General Interface Specification Appendix V1.1 (more)
SiLA Device Classes identifier (IDs)
- SiLA Device Class Interface Design Guidelines V0.3 (more)
3 SiLA Device Class Interface Design Guidelines
- SiLA Device Control & Data Interfaces Specifications V1.0
- SiLA Device Control & Data Interfaces Specifications V1.1
- SiLA Device Control & Data Interfaces Specifications V1.2
- SiLA Device Control & Data Interfaces Specifications V1.3 (more)
SiLA Device Control & Data Interfaces Specifications
3. Command Dictionary Specification
- SiLA CDS Change Request Procedure V1.0
- SiLA Command Dictionary Overview V0.97 (more)
This is a table of all commands and all device classes which shows which Command Set is required to control a device of a certain device class.
- SiLA Command Dictionary V0.95 (more)
The SiLA Common Command Dictionary provides details to each command, such as a description, ranges and units, or information about the response data.
4. Data Capture Standard (legacy version)
- SiLA Data Capture Standard V1.0 (more)
The document of the SiLA Data Capture Standard Version 1.0 released October 2013. It describes the format of data produced of a lab automation device.
This is the current legacy version, for the upcoming Data Standard Specification please contact working group leader.
5. Process Management System (PMS)--in progress; please contact working group leader
6. Pipettor--in progress; please contact working group leader
7. Certification--in progress; please contact working group leader
8. Labware Specification
D. Test & Certification
1. Logos & Layouts
- 4th SiLA Conference @ MipTec Part 1/3 (more)
Presentations held at the 4th SiLA Conference @ MipTec 2013. Due to the file size, the download is split into three parts. This is part 1/3
- 4th SiLA Conference @ MipTec Part 2/3 (more)
Presentations held at the 4th SiLA Conference @ MipTec 2013. Due to the file size, the download is split into three parts. This is part 2/3
- 4th SiLA Conference @ MipTec Part 3/3 (more)
Presentations held at the 4th SiLA Conference @ MipTec 2013. Due to the file size, the download is split into three parts. This is part 3/3
- 5th SiLA Conference @MipTec 1/4
- 5th SiLA Conference @MipTec 2/4
- 5th SiLA Conference @MipTec 3/4
- 5th SiLA Conference @MipTec 4/4
- 6th SiLA Conference Program
- Festo Lab Automation Symposium 2016 Presentation
- SiLA Presentation at Pittcon2016
- SLAS 2014: SiLA Update During Standardization SIG using PMS Workgroup as example (more)
Presentation held at SLAS Conference as Status Update from SiLA during Standardization SIG. Author Thomas Frech, Xavo Systems AG on behalf of the PMS Workgroup.
- SLAS2014 SiLA Booth (more)
SiLA Booth at SLAS 2014
- SLAS2016 SiLA Tutorial Presentation (more)
Presentation SiLA Tutorial at SLAS2016
- Standardization in System-Level Communication (poster)
- Standardized Device Integration (poster)
- Standards in Laboratory Automation as an Enabler for the Smart Laboratory (poster)